The Stephen King Reread Ground Rules

As I said last night, I am currently reading the first novel in my great Stephen King reread. It's going well, and you guys can expect a review to be posted in the next day or so. :)

Piggy-backing off that, I thought it would be good to write a brief post about what I will and will not be covering in this reread series.

I will be, of course, covering King's published works in chronological order. I don't plan to finish any time soon; I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. My idea is to read and review a King novel every two-four weeks. I don't want to overload myself and get worn down by the whole thing, so I think  giving myself a little time between each novel is very necessary. I might go two months without continuing this series; I might do two reviews in one week. I can be rather erratic when it comes to what I decide to read despite my best efforts to plan ahead. However, expect two-four weeks between each read.

I will be covering each Bachman book as they were published -- e.g., Rage after The Shining

I will reread and review Storm of the Century but I won't be doing King's other screenplays.

I will include the short story and novella collections.

I am undecided on King's non-fiction books, but as of this moment I am leaning toward not including them. They're great stuff but I prefer reviewing/discussing fiction.

Blockade Billy or any of King's baseball-related works ("Head Down" and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon aside) will not be included.

I don't plan to cover King's e-books. Most of the recent ones will be part of the upcoming collection The Bazaar of Bad Dreams so I'll discuss them then.

Speaking of new releases, I will be going out of order when Finders KeepersThe Bazaar of Bad Dreams, and The Suicide Prince come out. New King novels get top priority. ;)

The Dark Tower novels will not be included in the reread....but in a way they will. I am already halfway through that series, so I'll use the rest of those books as buffers. I plan to reread Wizard and Glass soon-ish.

As of now, this is the list I am working from (and if some are out of order, please let me know!):

Carrie

'Salem's Lot

The Shining

Rage

Night Shift

The Stand (only reading the uncut edition)

The Long Walk

Doctor Sleep

Mr. Mercedes

Revival

*Never read before!

If I've left anything out (and I probably have) or you see a mistake in the list let me know in the comments!