How I Read Survey

I saw this posted by Bookstooge's Reviews On The Road and decided to give it a shot. Seems like fun!

How do you find out about new books to read?

I am active on a couple of internet forums, and those forums have "What are you reading now?" threads and the like. If a title grabs me, I'll google it. I also get turned on to new books from reviews here at BookLikes!

As well, sometimes when I have a good bit of extra cash in my pocket I browse the titles at Books A Million or my local thrift shops and if a book's synopsis grabs me and the price is right, I'll buy it.

How did you get into reading?

My sister read to me almost every night growing up. She loved reading, and she passed it on to me. I'll be forever thankful to her for that.

How have your tastes in books changed as you got older?

Obviously, as I've gotten older my tastes have gotten older. I no longer have R.L. Stine or Beverly Cleary on the pedestal I once did. I still respect those authors and what they do, but like everyone my tastes have changed over time.

I think my tastes have mellowed some from when I first started reading adult books five or six years ago. I can't handle gratuitous sex and violence like I once could. However, I can get past that if a book has excellent character development or an intriguing plot.

I've developed a love for the classics. I don't read YA much anymore. I still love horror, but I definitely prefer psychological horror these days.

I am constantly changing, maturing, growing . . . I think that's a great thing.

How often do you buy books?

Weekly. Typically I buy from thrift stores or Amazon.

How did you get into reviewing books?

I've always had a blog or two on various websites over the years. I don't remember what I was searching for, but a Google search led me here back in April.

How do you react when you don’t like the end of a book?

I tell myself maybe I'm just not ready for that ending yet. That's why I do rereads, What I can't appreciate today I might be able to appreciate two years down the line.

How often do you take a sneak peek at the ending to see if there is a happy ending?

Never. However, I do sometimes read the very last line.

Do you use bookmarks in your books?

Yes. I must.