FINAL Halloween Bingo Book List!

After a week or so of online research I have, finally, determined my list for the Halloween bingo! I tried to strike an even mix of modern and classic/well-known and obscure. As well, I tried to pick stories I've yet to read. Rereads are fun, but I like experiencing new tales, too! The only entries on this list I've read before are 'The Yellow Wallpaper' and IT.

In making my final decisions I wanted as much variety as possible, and I must admit I am pretty proud of my lineup. (Also, yes, I nixed a few books from the version of this list I published a few days ago.) Here goes . . .

Read by candle or flashlight: North American Lake Monsters, by Nathan Ballingrud

Magical realism: American Gods, by Neil Gaiman

Read with friends: IT, by Stephen King

Grave or graveyard: The Orpheus Process, by Daniel Gower

Mystery: The Woman In Cabin 10, by Ruth Ware

Gothic: In A Glass Darkly, by Sheridan Le Fanu

Creepy crawlies: Exquisite Corpse, by Poppy Z. Brite (I wasn't too sure about this category, but apparently this book is really gruesome and creepy?)

Fall into a good book: Dark Harvest, by Norman Partridge

Locked room mystery: 'The Yellow Wallpaper,' Charlotte Perkins Gillman

Dark and stormy night: The Bad Place, by Dean Koontz (was not too sure about this one, either, but my hard copy's cover depicts a dark and stormy night . . . so, going with this one!)

Set in New EnglandHarvest Home, by Thomas Tryon

Full moon: The Nightwalker, by Thomas Tessier

Vampires or werewolves: Interview With The Vampire, by Anne Rice

Supernatural: Hell House, by Richard Matheson

Classic horror: The Turn of the Screw, by Henry James

Pumpkin: Usher's Passing, by Robert McCammon

Set on HalloweenThe Halloween Tree, by Ray Bradbury

There it is! I think I hit almost every author I wanted to, though I'm sad I couldn't fit in Shirley Jackson, Raymond Carver, or Peter Straub. Ah, such is life. I think this list is very manageable -- the only extraordinarily thick work in the queue is IT -- so I should be able to cover all of them. Here's hoping, anyway. Can't wait to get started!